Mattress replacement system with very high comfort
CuroCell S.A.M.® CF16 is used as an aid in the prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers up to category 2(⁽¹⁾, and for pain therapy. It is a static air mattress which provides very good comfort and pressure⁽²⁾ relief. It is a mattress replacement system with an integrated foam core.
The mattress is made of very soft and durable materials. The included support pump is easy to use and very quiet. The mattress comes with CPR (rapid deflation of air) and has a built-in heel function.
Thanks to the extra soft inner cover, the already low pressure⁽³⁾ is further reduced.
(1) National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel, European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel and Pan Pacific Pressure Injury Alliance. Prevention and Treatment of Pressure Ulcers: Quick Reference Guide. Emily Haesler (Ed.). Cambridge Media: Osborne Park, Western Australia; 2014.
(2) Examination of the shear force and the pressure relief capability, Berlincert 2009.
(3) Pressure readings with Xsensor, 2008.
(4) ISO 16603 “resistance of penetration by blood and body fluids”, ISO 16604 “resistance of penetration by blood-borne pathogens”, EN 14126, SS 876 00 19 “Health care textiles – Bacteria penetration – Wet”.
(5) SS-EN ISO 15496:2004, DIN 53.122.
Specifications for CuroCell SAM CF16
|Core||Static air mattress|
|Functionality||Prevention & treatment up to and including category 2⁽¹⁾|
|Recommended User Weight||0-200 kg|
|Fire resistance approval||EN 597-1, -2|