Mattress overlay system with very high comfort
The CuroCell S.A.M.® is used as an aid in the prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers up to category 2⁽¹⁾, and for pain therapy. It is a static air mattress overlay system that provides very good comfort and pressure⁽²⁾ redistribution.
The mattress is made from very soft and durable materials and comes with an easy to use, very quiet pump and CPR (rapid deflation of air). Thanks to the extra soft inner cover (accessory), the already low pressure⁽³⁾ is further reduced.
Also available is the CuroCell S.A.M.® CF16, which is a mattress replacement system equipped with an integrated foam core, which is placed directly onto the bed frame.
(1) National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel, European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel and Pan Pacific Pressure Injury Alliance. Prevention and Treatment of Pressure Ulcers: Quick Reference Guide. Emily Haesler (Ed.). Cambridge Media: Osborne Park, Western Australia; 2014.
(2) Examination of the shear force and the pressure relief capability, Berlincert 2009.
(3) Pressure readings with Xsensor, 2008.
(4) ISO 16603 “resistance of penetration by blood and body fluids”, ISO 16604 “resistance of penetration by blood-borne pathogens”, EN 14126, SS 876 00 19 “Health care textiles – Bacteria penetration – Wet”.
(5) SS-EN ISO 15496:2004, DIN 53.122.
Specifications for CuroCell SAM
|Core||Static air mattress|
|Functionality||Prevention & treatment up to and including category 2⁽¹⁾|
|Recommended User Weight||0-200 kg|