The CuroCell® IQ CX20 provides simplicity together with user comfort while effectively aiding in the prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers/pressure injuries up to and including category 4⁽¹⁾, and unclassified pressure ulcers. It is designed for simplicity and provides features for excellent user comfort, reduction of shear forces and improvement of the microclimate.
The CuroCell® IQ CX20 identifies the user and automatically adapts itself to the individual. The pump is preset to our newly developed Pulsating mode, which offers a high level of comfort and effective pressure relief⁽⁶⁾⁽⁷⁾.
All mattresses are supplied with a four-way stretch hygienic cover which meets standards for hygiene⁽³⁾, quality, and safety. All covers are manufactured from modern, recyclable materials and are vapor permeable⁽⁴⁾, which reduce the risk of skin maceration.
- Durable bag
- Sheet holder
80/85/90/100/105/120 x 200/210 x 20 cm
(1) *Haesler, E. (Ed). National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel, European Pressure
Ulcer Advisory Panel and Pan Pacific Pressure Injury Alliance. (2014). Prevention and
Treatment of Pressure Ulcers: Clinical Guideline. Cambridge Media: Perth, Australia.
(2) EN ISO 11201 "Acoustics - Noise emitted by machinery and equipment
- Determination of emission sound pressure levels”, SP 2018.
(3) ISO 16603 “Resistance of penetration by blood and body fluids”, ISO 16604
“resistance of penetration by blood-borne pathogens”, EN 14126, "performance
requirements and tests methods for protective clothing against infective agents".
(4) SS-EN ISO 15496:2004, DIN 53122-1.
(5) ISO 3746:2010 "Acoustics - Determination of sound power levels and
sound energy levels of noise sources using sound pressure - Survey method
using an enveloping measurement surface over a reflecting plane".
(6) Dr. Peter Worsley, Dr. Luciana Bostan and Professor Dan Bader. Investigation of
the biomechanical and physiological responses to prolonged lying postures during
three mattress modes. Unpublished manuscript. University of Southampton, 2018.
(7) Beeckman D., Van Hecke A., Verhaeghe S., Van Damme N., Manderlier B.,
Zwaenepoel E. The use of a fully automated pulsating support system
(CuroCell® A4 CX20) in pressure ulcer prevention and treatment: a clinical test in
10 Belgian nursing homes, International Wound Journal. Gent University, 2019.
Specifications for CuroCell IQ CX20
|Functionality||Alternating pressure mattress replacement system|
|Recommended User Weight||0-250 kg|