For pressure redistributing care
With CuroCell® IQ Cirrus we have combined our technology with our collective knowledge and experience into an automatic system suitable for pressure redistributing care.
CuroCell® IQ Cirrus is preset to the pulsating mode, which enables individualized care with documented good comfort and pressure redistributing properties.
Suitable for all types of healthcare environments
CuroCell® IQ Cirrus is used as an aid in the prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers. It is a replacement system suitable for all types of healthcare environments.
Care of Sweden’s automatic products in the CuroCell® range have been internationally rewarded for its design.
Air and foam together
for good redistribution
CuroCell® IQ Cirrus combines air with a soft foam surface and provides good user comfort and pressure redistribution⁽¹⁾. The heel function offers additional protection that helps to relieve the pressure on the heels. Moreover, the dual cover system helps to reduce the shearing effect when adjusting the bed.
1) Hsu et al., "Noise pollution in hospitals: Impacts on patients", J. Clin. Out. Mgmt. 2012, vol 19, no 7, p301-309.
"Our staff found the mattress quiet and easy to handle.
As the air cells are less noticeable than in many other mattresses, we used it for a patient who found pressure adjustments in other mattresses unpleasant, with good results."
Automatic and easy to use
CuroCell® IQ is developed with a focus on usability. The system identifies and automatically adjusts itself to the user, thereby allowing better care for the user as well as an easier workload for the caregivers. CuroCell® IQ has an automatic control unit with a user-friendly interface aimed to make it easy to manage the system.
The CuroCell® IQ control unit is pre-set to the pulsating mode, which offers good comfort and effective pressure relief⁽¹⁾⁽²⁾. Sleep, in combination with a calm and quiet environment, are key factors in recovery and increased well-being⁽³⁾⁽⁴⁾⁽⁵⁾. CuroCell® IQ offers low noise- and vibration levels with the aim to achieve a good night's sleep and recovery.
The function Air Flow Controlᵀᴹ allows the mattress to reuse the air inside it. The feature provides a constant temperature in the mattress as well as quiet, calm, and stable airflows.
1) Dr Peter Worsley, Dr Luciana Bostan and Professor Dan Bader. Investigation of the biomechanical and physiological
responses to prolonged lying postures during three mattress modes. Unpublished manuscript. University of Southampton, 2018.
2) Beeckman D., Van Hecke A., Verhaeghe S., Van Damme N., Manderlier B., Zwaenepoel E. The use of a fully automated pulsating support system
(CuroCell® A4 CX20) in pressure ulcer prevention and treatment: a clinical test in 10 Belgian nursing homes, International Wound Journal. Unpublished
manuscript. Gent University, 2019.
3) Hagerman I et al., "Influence of intensive coronary care acoustics on the quality of care and physiological state of patients", Int J Cardiol. 2005 Feb
4) Hsu et al., "Noise pollution in hospitals: Impacts on patients", J. Clin. Out. Mgmt. 2012, vol 19, no 7, p301-309
5) Johansson et al., "The sound environment in an ICU patient room - a content analysis of sound levels and patient experiences", Intensive and
Critical Care Nursing Journal, Oct 2012, 28(5), p.269-279
CuroCell® IQ offer an automatic system, designed for safety and efficiency. The control unit is equipped with active sensors, prepared to continuously react to body position changes, without the need of any manual settings or adjustments. By offering an automatic solution, the CuroCell® IQ means less handling for staff and good comfort and safety for the user.
CuroCell® IQ Cirrus is developed with the pulsating mode
Based on good clinical results and a documented good comfort, CuroCell® IQ Cirrus is supplied with the pulsating mode. The control unit has the pulsating mode as a default setting, which create good conditions for an individualised care.
By having the pulsating mode as a default setting that automatically adjusts to each individual user makes CuroCell IQ® our most user-friendly control unit.
1) Zwaenepoel, E., et al., Int Wound J, 2020 17(1).
2) Worsley P, Dr Bostan L., Bader D. Investigation of the biomechanical and physiological responses to prolonged lying postures during three mattress modes. Report from University of Southampton, 2018.
The clinical effect of the pulsating mode has been investigated in scientific studies where both tissue perfusion, as well as prevention and therapeutic effect is measured⁽¹⁾⁽²⁾.
Learn more about
CuroCell® IQ Cirrus
Discover all the benefits of CuroCell® IQ Cirrus! In our brochure, we have gathered everything you need to know, complete with references to clinical tests and a deeper description of its functionality.